Nov 19, 2008

Night Thoughts

During the day I manage to keep busy
Playing games, doing work, watching TV
But at night is when I feel the most alone
Getting thoughts I wish I could run away from
I stay up late sometimes just trying not to cry
To sleep I try to fool myself with a lie
I say there is nothing I can do
I know deep down that it just isn't true
Then day comes again and I'm fine
I do everything I can to occupy my time
But on nights when I struggle to sleep
My mind wanders to thoughts so deep
I feel like I'm falling
And no one can hear me calling
I try so hard at night not to get depressed
These weren't the feelings I had once expressed
I just don't want all my emotion
To start any major commotion
So I keep them to myself most of the time
Until I can express them through rhyme

No comments:

Post a Comment